CIS’ters is a survivor led group for women who, as female children/teens, were raped/sexually abused by a member of their immediate/extended family. We are a Registered Charity (1123125).
In this part of our website we have included information on:
- Our Vision and Mission
- General Policies, including safeguarding
- Current Funders
- Approach To Research Issues
- Website Policies – specific to website use
Our website isn’t perfect, but then neither are we. There are still some gaps; there are some rough edges – but we hope that you find what you need within the sub menus across this website. Also wanted to say:
- It has taken us years to (1) source the funding for this website, and then (2) find the right developer, and then (3) develop the content.
- Task 1 was initially the most difficult; but task 3 has been undoubtedly the hardest, because we have had to find precious time from within a busy work schedule that was already overloaded by 800%. This in major part has been due to the impact of a wider consciousness within society of the existence of an escalating prevalence of, child sexual abuse.
- Thank you to all the other organisations and individuals that we reached out to during developmental and content stages. Your assistance has most definitely been appreciated.